Balancing Life & Part-Time Law School
Giving students a greater opportunity to excel academically and have a more balanced law school experience is factored into every aspect of the part-time law degree program at GUCL. The part-time schedule and evening classes allow students to continue working full-time and to maintain their personal commitments while pursuing their legal education at night.
Part-time Class Schedule
- All classes are scheduled to meet from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Classes are held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights
- First-year students attend class 2 - 3 nights per week
- Second-year students attend class 4 nights per week
- Third-year students attend class 4 nights per week
- Fourth-year students attend class 3 nights per week
GUCL provides a structured part-time law school program helping students succeed academically as well as balance life and law school more optimally.
- Know in advance what classes you'll be taking throughout the four-year program.
- Plan work and life around a set class schedule, M-Th, 6:30-9:30, year round.
- Stay focused on graduation by maintaining required course load.
- Always get your classes; never have to “crash” a course to get in.
Year-Round Quarter System
Part-time law degree students benefit from GUCL's quarter system in many ways. It keeps students engaged and less likely to fall behind, provides more frequent testing opportunities, enhances student's awareness sooner if changes or improvement are needed, and creates a momentum that moves students quickly towards graduation. Quarters are typically 12 weeks long and classes are in session year-round: fall, winter, spring, and summer.