Balancing Life with Law School
Every aspect of the law program at GUCL is designed to give students a greater opportunity to excel academically and to have a more balanced law school experience.
GUCL's part-time schedule and evening classes allow students to continue working full-time and maintain their personal commitments while pursuing their legal education at night.
Part-time Class Schedule
- All classes are scheduled to meet from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Classes are held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights
- First-year students attend class 2 to 3 nights per week, second and third-year students 4 nights per week, and fourth-year students 3 nights per week
GUCL provides a structured program helping students succeed academically as well as balance life and law school more optimally.
- Know in advance what classes you'll be taking throughout four-year program.
- Plan work and life around set class schedule, M-Th, 6:30-9:30, year round.
- Stay focused on graduation by maintaining required course load
Year-Round Quarter System
Students benefit from GUCL’s quarter system in many ways. It keeps students engaged and less likely to fall behind, provides more frequent testing opportunities, enhances student's awareness sooner if changes or improvement are needed, and creates a momentum that moves students quickly towards graduation.
- Quarters are typically 12 weeks, and classes are in session four quarters per year: fall, winter, spring, and summer